Guest Artist Call Out
20th November 2016, Attenborough Arts Centre, Leicester
Us & Them is a platform for artists to test and present new and innovative contemporary performance to a live audience, with opportunity to receive supportive feedback.
Us & Them #8 will be hosted at Attenborough Arts Centre within a Tetrad safe-proofed environment for exchanging creative views between artists and audiences. After the performances there will be an informal question and answer session, opening up a dialogue about the artist’s performance and practice to support development of the work.
Guest Artists will be offered the opportunity to collaborate with Tetrad Collective in a short series of live improvisation performance scores.
We are open to what form the performance is in; it could be an installation, dance, spoken word, lecture, choreography, live sound, theatre, comedy or an interdisciplinary work. So why not test out your new work at Us & Them #8!
Successful applicants will receive:
· the opportunity to engage in a creative discussion with a live audience, about your work and that of the other artists, to inform the development of your work
· access to rehearsal space and peer mentoring from Tetrad prior to event
· access to film and image documentation of your performance in the Us and Them event
· the opportunity to collaborate in a short performance with the Tetrad collective within the event
· continued supportive dialogue and promotion of your artistic practice
· the opportunity to meet other artists, companies and industry professionals for future partnerships
You must be available from 11am on the 20th November for technical set up and performance. Please return your proposal form to: email@example.com
Us & Them - Guest Artist Proposal Form
Name of company/artist:
Location based in:
No. of performers:
Title of work:
Length of work (between 5-30mins max):
Artist statement/Bio (50 words max.):
Provide us with a brief description of your proposed work (200 words max.):
Outline why and how you think this opportunity would benefit you (200 words max.):
Technical specifications (please note there will be limited technical support):
How would you like the audience to view your work? (i.e. 1-1, seated, standing, gallery viewing):
What questions would you like to ask the audience in the post- show discussion to help develop your performance work?
Link to a website/blog:
Link to short clip of performance (if possible):
In addition, please attach a performance photo for promotion of your proposed work with appropriate credits.
Please return your proposal form to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 1st November